H Dupont Alter Ego Dyes for cellulose plant fibres such as cotton, linen and viscose. Use Alter Ego Dyes alongside H Dupont Classique Dyes (for protein fibres such as silk and wool) to dye your devore fabric two colours in just one dye pot!
The following recipe is for 25-35g dry fabric, yarns or fibre:
- You will need 10ml of Alter Ego dye, 5ml of H Dupont Classic dye, 6 drops of Alter Ego Fixative and 3 drops of vinegar, 5ml of coarse salt.
- Stir the ingredients into a pan of warm water (1 litre)
- Rinse the fabric, wring out and immerse it still wet in the mixture.
- Stir over the heat for 5 minutes. Heat to boiling. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the fabric with water and then wash with warm water and soap. It is possible that one of the darker colours takes over and influences, even very slightly the lighter colour.
- Allow to dry before setting in a steamer or microwave.