250g bag of Pre-reduced indigo – cleaner to handle and easier to dissolve in water! Use for Shibori techniques or Batik work.
This Pre-reduced synthetic Indigo is already 60% reduced and offers the same unique results as indigo but with considerably less effort to disperse the indigo powder in the water.
- Add two heaped tablespoons of the pre-reduced Indigo grains to 4 litres of water at 40°C.
- Carefully stir in two tablespoons of Soda Ash and 4 teaspoons of Thiourea Dioxide. The bath should look greenish yellow in under one hour.
- Rinse your fabric until fully wetted and squeeze out excess water.
- Gently add your fabric, immersing it in the bath for 1-2 minutes, squeezing it gently but thoroughly.
- Slowly remove from the dye bath and watch the colour change.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to intensify the colour.
The dye bath is re-useable provided you cover it closely to ensure it is air-tight and until the dye is exhausted.