Effortlessly card fleece and fibres ready for spinning or felt making with the Ashford E-Carder which produces batts of up to 150g (5.5oz) in no time at all!
The electric carder has 2 x 24v motors with a geared drive and belt tensioners, while the non-slip toothed drive belts are on a grooved pulley system to ensure smooth concentric running.
The efficient motors allow infinite variable speed control for both drums plus a ratio control to vary the in-feed speed. To remove fibres, the drums work in reverse and rotate at 10% of the carding speed. Ashford have also included strong acrylic safety guards to cover the drums and the drive belts, plus a magnetic safety switch, for safe and confident use. The additional on/off foot switch allows hands-free fibre preparation and feeding-in.
To help maintain the Ashford E-Carder and ensure smooth carding, the carding drums can be removed to clean the bearings and to apply Ashford Spinning Wheel Oil (included). There is a handy tool holder mounted to the side of the carder for storing the push stick, doffer, cleaning brush, hex wrench and spanner.
The Ashford E-Carder Specifications:
- made from Silver Beech hardwood with a lacquered finish
- card cloth 72-point teeth on the main drum and 36-point cloth on the feed-in drum helps keep the feed-in drum clean
- carding size 30cm (12″)
- carding capacity 135g (4¾ozs)
- weight 15.2kg (33½lbs)
- motor two 24v motors with geared drive
- included accessories packer brush, doffer, cleaning brush, feed-in/dizzing stick, on/off foot switch and 24-volt mains transformer
- dimensions 51 x 40 x 32cm high (20 x 15¾ x 12½ins)
- large 21 x 31cm (8¼ x 12⅜ins) feed-in tray
Find out more about the Ashford E Carder EDC30 (our PDF will open in a new window).