Carded Cocoon Strippings from the outer layer of the silk cocoon.
Use this highly textured fibre to create silk paper:
1. Dye with Acid dyes or spray with Silk Paint to colour (if desired).
2. Spread the fibres in 2-3 thin layers, perpendicular to each other, between two sheets of nylon mesh netting.
3. Dampened thoroughly with a solution of CMC paste and work into the fibres with a sponge. Remove excess solution with a clean, dry sponge.
4. Peel away the top sheet of netting or leave in place for a more textured paper.
5. Put on a cake cooling tray to dry and then carefully peel off the back sheet of netting
The silk cocoon strippings can also be spun into a yarn or used in needle felting.