- Your Cart (0)
Your shopping cart is currently empty.
The necessary equipment for making handmade paper. This A6 paper making mould (approx paper size 148 x 105mm) has tensioned nylon mesh and supporting deckle frame - and is the key to producing handmade paper.
- Hold the mould and deckle firmly together, mould side up, deckle on top.
- Starting at the far side of the bowl, plunge them at 45 degrees into freshly blended pulp mixture, and gently draw them towards you, still under the surface, and turning until horizontal.
- Lift the mould and deckle horizontally out of the bowl, allowing the water to drain through the mesh. Gently shake as you lift, side to side and back to front, to realign the fibres. The sheet is 90% water at this stage.
- Remove the deckle and allow surplus water to drain away.
- Place the long edge of the mould along the side of your couching cloth. Roll the wet pulp off onto the cloth in one confident movement.
- Cover the paper with another couching cloth and press over night between two boards and newspapers.
You can order the A5 couching cloth and cut it in half for use with this A6 size Mould & Deckle
Save while you shop. Look out for 'Buy More & Save!' offers - such as 15% off when you order 12 silk scarves - or visit Special Offers.
Orders received before noon are normally delivered within 1 working day to UK addresses. Orders over £95 are delivered free! See other delivery options.
We welcome orders from overseas customers. Please see our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Join our Community! Find product information, project ideas and news in our Blog, view Safety Data Sheets, or link to our social media sites. Take a look...
George Weil Gift Cards make great presents for creative people and can be redeemed against the value of any item found on this web site.
George Weil offers schools, colleges and professional craft tutors special discount terms when they buy art and craft supplies. Find out more...
George Weil & Sons is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 00321890.
Registered office: Old Portsmouth Road, Peasmarsh, Guildford, GU3 1LZ