Create your own designer t-shirt, customise a canvas shopping bag, or personalise a cushion cover with these heat transfer iron on sheets. This pack of 3 fabric transfer sheets has been developed for use on dark coloured fabrics; printed images are opaque and colours are vibrant and bright.
Simply print images using an *inkjet printer or photocopier onto the transfer paper and then iron onto the fabric!
Take your creativity further, with or without an inkjet printer! Draw your design directly onto the transfer paper using pencils, crayons or inks, or combine an inkjet printed image with hand colouring – perfect for old black and white photographs or hand written text.
How to use Jacquard Iron-On Transfer Paper for Dark Coloured Fabrics
- Select an image or photo on your computer, or create a design of your own. You can also draw (or paint) directly onto the white side of the transfer paper with crayon, markers or inks.Note: this transfer paper for dark fabrics works differently to Jacquard Iron-On Transfer Paper for Light Coloured Fabrics. If your image has text or a specific direction, it is not necessary to to mirror (or flip) your image before printing.
- In the print dialog box, set your paper and quality settings according to the instructions on the packaging. Print your image on the non-glossy (unlined) side of the transfer paper.
- Allow the print to dry for 15 minutes. Trim the edges of the image or cut out the elements of the design.
- Place the fabric to be printed on a smooth hard surface and iron to remove any wrinkles.
- Heat the iron to the cotton/linen setting (use lower temperatures for synthetic fabrics and blends).
- Peel off the liner from the backside of the printed transfer sheet and place on the fabric image-side up.
- Cover completely with the parchment paper sheet, ensuring that the transfer is completely flat.
- Using firm, steady pressure, glide the iron in a circular motion over the entire transfer for 1-3 minutes.
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the transfer to cool before removing the parchment paper sheet.
*Not suitable for use in Laser Printers
Turn garments inside out before washing. Wash and dry separately from other clothes. Wash in cold water on a delicate setting or by hand. Remove fabric promptly from washer. Dry on low temperature.