Create your own designer t-shirt, customise a canvas shopping bag, or personalise a cushion cover with these heat transfer iron on sheets. This pack of 3 fabric transfer sheets has been developed for use on light coloured fabrics; printed images are opaque and colours are vibrant and bright.
Simply print images using an inkjet printer or photocopier onto the transfer paper and then iron onto the fabric!
Take your creativity further, with or without an inkjet printer! Draw your design directly onto the transfer paper using pencils, crayons or inks, or combine an inkjet printed image with hand colouring – perfect for old black and white photographs or hand written text.
How to use Jacquard Iron-On Transfer Paper for Light Coloured Fabrics
- Select an image or photo on your computer, or create a design of your own. You can also draw (or paint) directly onto the white side of the transfer paper with crayon, markers or inks. If your image has text or a specific direction, make sure to mirror (or flip) your image before printing.
- In the print dialog box, set your sheet size (remembering to adjust the guides on your printer) change the paper setting to ‘plain’ and quality setting to ‘normal’ or ‘quality.’ Using an inkjet* printer, print your image on the white coated side of the transfer paper.
- Allow the print to dry for 15 minutes. Trim the edges of the image or cut out the elements of the design.
- Iron the fabric to be printed to remove any wrinkles.
- Heat the iron to the cotton/linen setting (use lower temperatures for synthetic fabrics and blends). On a smooth hard surface, place the transfer paper image side down onto the fabric. Firmly place iron on the transfer image and hold for 20 seconds. Lift and repeat the process until the entire image has been pressed.
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the transfer to cool before peeling off backing in a smooth and even motion.
*Not suitable for use in Laser Printers
To launder, turn fabric inside out and wash according to the fabric’s normal instructions.
See our blog post Printing with Jacquard Iron-On Transfer Paper