This policy is to help you understand what information we (George Weil & Sons Ltd) collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. This is to address some new European privacy rules (which apply to users within and outside of the EU).
As we are an Internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we have tried to explain things in a simple and clear way. We would like to reassure you that we only use your information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We collect information in a number of different ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it When you register on the George Weil website www.georgeweil.com, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, address, email address, phone number and any other information you give us.If you buy something on www.georgeweil.com, we will collect contact information (address, delivery address and phone number) and details of what you bought. We will communicate order information with you primarily via email and sometimes by phone.Your payment information is gathered at a checkout portal which is operated and secured by Opayo or Paypal. Opayo (previously known as Sage Pay) is level 1 PCI DSS compliant and are active members of the PCI SSC (Security Standards Council). Opayo has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks.Paypal is a 3D-Secure authentication managing the interaction between your card issuing bank and you.Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with, the information remains with the bank and George Weil & Sons Ltd have no access to this sensitive data.Orders taken over the telephone are dealt with in a traditional manner and customers are asked for their payment details. Payment card details are held on file as a paper record only, until the transaction has been completed.
- We also get technical information when you use www.georgeweil.com Whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information is created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use www.georgeweil.com. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use www.georgeweil.com, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using to access our website, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Cookie Purpose Expiration Type @@History/@@scroll|# Unclassified Session html __utm.gif Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor’s browser and computer Session Pixel __utma Collects data on the number of times a user h as visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics. 2 years http __utmb Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit. Session http __utmc Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the w ebsite. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit. Session http __utmt Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server Session http __utmz Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics. 6 months http ads/ga-audiences Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s on line behaviour across websites. Session Pixel external_no_cache Unclassified Session http frontend Unclassified Session http
- Social Media George Weil have a number of social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Your consent to share information on these websites is covered by their own Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies
- Email communication We send out a regular email newsletter which includes company news, information about our products and special offers. If you would like to subscribe to this email, please indicate when you register on the website. Alternatively, please sign up in the footer below.
- Choices you have about your information Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have registered with www.georgeweil.com you can edit information in â€œMy Accountâ€ at any time:
- Unsubscribe from email newsletters.
- Change your email address.
- Change your account address.
- Add or change delivery addresses.
- Add or remove items from your Wishlist.
- Email us a request to delete your account.
- How long do we keep your information Your information will remain registered on the website www.georgeweil.com for as long as you wish. Upon request we will remove from our files, your information or any specific item which would identify you uniquely.
128 bit SSL Security
Security on any online shopping site is obviously of paramount importance to customers and retailers alike, and we are no different. When you start the order process you can be sure that every step of the way is 100% secure. Below are answers to a few questions we are commonly asked:
How Secure am I?
Very. Throughout the order process, every bit of information that is transferred between you, our web sites, and us is encrypted using 128 bit encryption through the SSL (secure sockets layer) mechanism built into your browser. The encryption turns the data into code which means that even if someone could intercept it, they would not be able to understand it. It is safer to order online than with traditional mail or telephone shopping!
How does a site user know their information is processed securely?
When in a secure area of the site, your browser will display a picture of a small closed padlock towards the bottom of the screen. It is rare for this padlock not to show when you are in a secure area. If you are in doubt, right click on the page and select ‘properties’ or ‘view frame info’. This will bring up details of the page you are looking at, including information about the connection.
Another way is to look out for the change in the URL (the web site address). A standard page will begin with “http://”. A secure web page will begin with the “https://” denoting that you are viewing the page via a secure connection.
Payment for Online Purchases
We use a secure checkout process provided by Opayo(previous known as Sage Pay). Opayo is level 1 PCI DSS compliant and are active members of the PCI SSC (Security Standards Council). Opayo has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with, the information remains with the bank and George Weil & Sons Ltd have no access to this sensitive data.
When you choose the option of paying with a credit/debit card, you will proceed to a secure payment page. The information you supply through the Opayo check-out is processed by your credit/debit card issuer and you will be asked to validate your purchase by entering the password you have registered with them.
Orders taken over the telephone are dealt with in a traditional manner and customers are asked for their payment details. Payment card details are stored only until the transaction has been completed.
Do I have any Legal Protection?
You are protected by the normal laws of England, in particular The Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 (c. 35) and the Consumer Protection Act 1987 (c.43)
If you have any further concerns about security or payments, please feel free to contact us.