Computerised weaving has progressed! The electronic dobby device for this electronic loom can now be connected via wifi. You can design your own weave patterns (software packages that work with the Megado interface include Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, PixieLoom, Weavemaker, Proweave and Weave It) and connect to the Dobby 2 software using your wifi. The Dobby 2 interface supports both PC and MacIntosh operating platforms. See our Blog post to find out more about Louet Dobby Looms
The 32 shaft electronic Louet Megado weaving loom is available in a 40cm, 70cm, 90cm, 110cm or 130cm weaving width. It is made from ash hardwood and has a lacquered finish to make it hardwearing and easy to clean. The loom needs to be self-assembled while the complex castle section is ready built.
Included with this Louet Megado loom is the new electronic Louet Dobby 2, a large shelf, a built-in raddle, a stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric), Texsolv heddles (390 mm), lease and tie-up sticks and sixteen warp sticks.
The heddles come premounted: 100 heddles on the first two shafts and 50 on the other shafts (except for the Megado 40, with 50 heddles on the first two shafts and 25 heddles on the rest of the shafts).
What’s new about the new electronic Louet Dobby 2?
- Much less noise – the previous version of the Dobby needed a fan, this constant background noise has now been reduced due to the Louet Dobby 2 needing less cooling because it includes a separate power adapter.
- The Louet Dobby can be controlled wirelessly (without USB cable) from the Web browser on a tablet, smart phone, laptop or PC. It can also be operated directly from weaving software via USB connection, making it work exactly like the previous version of the electronic Dobby.
- The Louet Dobby 2 interface software does not depend on versions of the operating system or weaving software. The software is built into the Dobby and new versions can be updated remotely from Louet.
Dimensions for 70cm, 110cm and 130cm 32 shaft Megado Electronic Dobby looms:
- Megado weaving width 70cm: width 121cm x depth 127cm x height 131cm (47 5/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″) weight 82kg (181lb)
- Megado weaving width 110cm: width 161cm x depth 127cm x height 131cm (63 3/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″) weight 97kg (214lb)
- Megado weaving width 130cm: width 181cm x depth 127cm x 131cm height (71 1/4″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″) weight 130: 105kg (232lb)
Please note: these premium looms are delivered directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 12 weeks for delivery. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, do not hesitate to call us on telephone 01483 565800.
Images show the 32 shaft Louet Megado Electronic Dobby loom.