The Ashford Country Spinner is a specialist spinning wheel designed for spinning extra bulky yarn used in rug weaving and chunky knitting or for plying bulk quantities. The orifice is extra large (27mm) and the wheel includes a huge capacity bobbin. The ball bearings and double treadle allows for an easy start and treadling. The slow drive ratios and sensitive leather flyer brake system are ideal for creating unique novelty yarns.
Specifications for this Ashford Spinning Wheel:
- 3 speed bobbin with easy 3, 4 & 5:1 ratios and capacity of up to 1.4kg (3lb).
- Polyurethane con-rod joints for smooth heal & toe treadling.
- Wider spaced treadle boards.
- Arched rails and factory assembled sides are easily assembled with bolts and barrel nuts.
- Maintenance free Polyurethane hinges for smooth & effortless treadling.
- Soft leather brake band and sensitive tension adjustment.
- Huge 27mm – 1 1/8” flyer orifice for really thick yarns.
- Orifice height 72.5cm (28.5″)
- Wheel diameter 46cm (18″)
- Provision for plying from 2 bobbins using the built in Lazy Kate.
- Nylon universal bearings for the con rod.
- Made from Silver Beech Hardwood
- Weight 8kg
Please allow 2 weeks delivery for this item if it is not shown as “In stock”.
This product is left in the natural wood so that you can choose your finish. Make a statement and stain the wood any colour you like, or bring out the natural grain of the wood by applying Superior Danish Oil – the options are endless. Supplying Ashford products untreated means we are able to pass on a saving of the product cost, making them excellent value for you.