Natural finish now available from stock, Lacquered finish available for pre-order.
The Ashford Traveller wheel has always been a firm favourite with our spinning customers. The Ashford Traveller 3 Spinning Wheel is sure to follow in the same vein. The new wheel is styled similarly to the original classic upright castle wheel designed by Richard Ashford in 1977 and has been developed using customer feedback.
The Ashford Traveller 3 Spinning wheel has the following features:
- Aesthetically designed centralised flyer location suitable for both left- and right-hand spinners.
- Four speed single drive flyer with stretchy polycord drive band eliminates any flyer vibration and makes changing ratios a breeze.
- Ratios 5, 7, 9 and 14:1
- Sliding hook flyer with three 90mm large capacity bobbins as standard.
- Wooden handle threading hook with longer hook for easier threading.
- Convenient storage for threading hook.
- Scotch tension for simple, smooth accurate tension adjustment.
- Built-in lazy Kate (that will also accommodate Jumbo bobbins).
- The 46cm (18”) drive wheel is now heavier resulting in 20% more momentum which means even less effort required to treadle.
- Stainless steel ball bearings, polyurethane hinge and con rod joints, and double treadle for comfortable, balanced, and effortless treadling.
- Quick and easy to assemble.
- Compact footprint of just 430mm x 275mm (17″ x 10 3/4″).
Made from Beech hardwood, the drive wheel has a diameter of 460mm (18″) and an orifice height of 815mm (32″). It is available with a lacquered finish, or natural for those who prefer to wax or paint the wood to their own specifications.