The Polonaise Spinning Wheel has been designed in a traditional Norwegian style. It captures the fashion and refinement of wheels historically found in the Baltic areas of Poland and the Scandinavian Peninsula.
The wheel can be easily calibrated for the individual spinner by adjusting the tension, wheel angle, and flyer alignment. While the large 24″ drive wheel is suspended by pin and socket bearings to enable effortless treadling.
This beautifully presented spinning wheel encapsulates the workmanship and skill of the Kromski craftsmen and includes a separate Vertical Lazy Kate (pictured), 3 standard bobbins, a threading hook and spinning wheel oil.
Made from beautiful European Alder and Birch wood and left in the natural wood so that you can choose your finish. Make a statement and stain the wood any colour you like, or bring out the natural grain of the wood by applying Superior Danish Oil – the options are endless. Supplying these Kromski Spinning Wheels untreated means we are able to pass on a saving of the product cost, making them excellent value for you.
- Wheel Diameter: 60cm (24 inches)
- Orifice Circumference: 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20:1
- Additional jumbo whorl with 5.5 and 25:1
- Durable leather bearing on front and rear maidens
- Sturdy metal pin and socket bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Drive
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 7.3kg (16 lbs)
This Kromski Spinning Wheel is also available in the following finishes, please call for details 01483 565800.