GEORGE WEIL TERMS & CONDITIONS
George Weil & Sons Ltd is registered for VAT in the United Kingdom at: Old Portsmouth Road, Peasmarsh, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LZ
VAT No: GB233701983
• Pay with a credit or debit card: Credit card and debit card payments are processed through an independent company called Stripe. Stripe is a PCI compliant payment gateway which protects against fraudulent activities. Stripe’s security servers allow payments without the risk of leaking personal details. Your card details and password are handled by the card issuer and this information is not made known to George Weil & Sons Ltd. Payments from the following cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa.
• PayPal uses the latest in data encryption and anti-fraud technology to help keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud. You will be redirected to the Paypal website for payment of your order.
• Pay later with a credit/debit card: A confirmation email will be sent. Telephone 01483 565 800 and quote the order number to arrange payment with a credit/debit card within 5 working days.
• Pay later with a cheque: A confirmation email will be sent. Quote the order number on the back of the cheque and send it within 5 working days.
• Pay by Bank Transfer (BACS): Payments should be made to George Weil & Sons Ltd, account number: 00531178 sort code: 12-20-29. Please include your order number as a reference.
• Education account customers: please see credit terms.
• Overseas customers: You may use any of the above payment options. You will be charged in your currency at the rate used when the transaction is processed and George Weil & Sons Ltd will be paid in UK pounds.
98% of orders placed before 12:00pm (Monday to Friday) are sent out the same working day for fast delivery by courier or 1st class post in the UK.
UK handling & delivery charges are:
• orders up to £94.99 = £6.95 for Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery or choose to pay £9.95 for Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery
• orders over £95.00 = FREE
Orders over £95.00 are delivered FREE within the UK, or choose Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery for peace of mind. For orders placed on week days before 12 noon, our policy is to process and dispatch on the same day as they are received. If your parcel weighs less than 2kg, it will normally be delivered by 1st Class Royal Mail, otherwise it will be delivered by courier. Royal Mail now say that delays of up to 7 days can be expected, and will not consider enquiries about missing parcels until 15 days have elapsed. Packs over 2kg, sent by Courier may be delayed by a few days. Delivery time is not predictable but will be before 5.30pm, week days. Please ensure that your goods can be received as we cannot guarantee free re-delivery.
Although, next working day delivery is not guaranteed, there is rarely a delay. Parcels sent by our courier company can be traced through their tracking system, and you can track your own deliveries by choosing Royal Mail Tracked Delivery at the checkout. Royal Mail advise that delays of up to 7 days can be expected, and will not consider enquiries about missing parcels until 15 days have elapsed. Call or email us with your concerns and we will investigate.
Where an order is for a total of less than €150 we can now simplify how it is shipped and paid for. Our web site www.georgeweil.com has been upgraded to add sales tax (VAT) at the rate which applies in your country. You will see the total in the check-out page. We will calculate the cost of shipping and contact you for your agreement to the shipping charge. The courier or post service should then deliver to your address without any further charges. This arrangement covers most of our sales to the EU customers.
Where your order is for more than €150 the shipping arrangements are more complex. Your order will be processed without adding any Sales Tax (VAT). The total will be shown at the check-out. Again, we will contact you with the cost of shipping and ask for your approval. The courier will contact you before delivery for payment of local Sales Tax and any Import Duty charges along with their processing charges. If you refuse the payment the goods will be returned to us. We will make a refund after deducting any charges made for returning the goods as well as a re-stocking charge.
In both cases, you will be charged at checkout for the cost of the goods only (either with or without sales tax included). This payment is for the value of the goods in your shopping cart. You will be advised of the Handling and Delivery cost in a separate email within 24 hours. If you wish to proceed with your order we will request the additional payment, if you do not wish to proceed with your order we will refund your initial payment within 24 hours. Orders are not dispatched until we have received your confirmation and the completed payment for shipping.
Delivery for Orders from the Rest of the World (non EU)
Orders are processed in 2 parts. You will be charged at checkout for the cost of the goods only. This payment is for the value of the goods in your shopping cart. You will be advised of the Handling and Delivery cost in a separate email within 24 hours. If you wish to proceed with your order we will request the additional payment, if you do not wish to proceed with your order we will refund your initial payment within 24 hours. Orders are not dispatched until we have received your confirmation and the completed payment for shipping.
We use International Tracked & Signed as our courier. Your parcel is fully tracked during its journey and will require a signature at the time of delivery. You may be contacted by the courier service before delivery if there are any taxes to pay for the goods entering your country.
Please note. Delivery International is for non UK delivery addresses only. If you select this option, and your delivery address is in the UK, you will be charged the UK Delivery by 1st Class Post rate of £6.95 before your order can be dispatched.
We hope you do not experience any problems with the goods you receive from us, however it is sometimes necessary to return items.
• You may change your mind and cancel your order at any time from placing the order until 7 working days after you take delivery. Your cancellation must be in writing, either by letter or email, and the cost of returning the goods will remain your responsibility. The goods must be returned undamaged and capable for resale at the full price. You will receive a refund of the product cost, net of any restocking charge (10%) made, within 30 days. If preferred, a credit towards your account can be made. This guarantee cannot be extended to any item that has been made to your specification, or which is not a stock item, purchased to your special request. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
• If in the unlikely event that the wrong goods are supplied, please telephone us. A full refund, including postage costs, will be made on receipt of the returned goods.
Damaged/Missing Goods and Items out of Stock
We work hard to fulfil your orders and to resolve issues.
• Although, next working day delivery is not guaranteed, there is rarely a delay. Parcels sent by our courier company can be traced through their tracking system, and you can track your own deliveries by choosing Royal Mail Tracked Delivery at the checkout. Royal Mail advise that delays of up to 7 days can be expected, and will not consider enquiries about missing parcels until 15 days have elapsed. Call or email us with your concerns and we will investigate.
• Do not accept parcels that appear to be damaged and notify us immediately if you have refused delivery or received a damaged parcel. If you do take delivery it is advisable to sign for goods as “unexamined”. Should the contents be damaged, you will need to answer enquiries and keep the packaging as evidence, otherwise we cannot accept responsibility for compensation. Damaged goods will be exchanged or refunded in full, plus any additional postage you incur.
• Our policy is to fill 95% of orders from stock. If we are out of stock on any item priced over £4.95, you will be notified and the remainder of your order will be sent as soon as the goods are available at no additional carriage cost.
• Due to the nature of the materials we sell, there will often be variation from batch to batch and with the papers, between sheets. We suggest you order the required quantity to complete a project and we will try to match items as closely as possible.
• Whilst we are happy to give advice on product use, we cannot accept liability as conditions of use are totally outside our control.
We offer truly competitive prices, often the lowest in the market.
Prices are regularly reviewed in an effort to offer the best value, and we undertake to set prices competitively. Many of the products are imported, and fluctuations in the exchange rate and inbound carriage costs will affect pricing. When possible prices are reduced to pass savings onto our customers, although it is sometimes necessary to increase them. All prices are shown inclusive of UK VAT (sales tax) at the current rate.
Discount Codes / Coupons
George Weil & Sons Ltd does not issue Discount Codes via any other website in any form whatsoever. Any web site offering to provide these is working without our authority and may pose a risk to anyone accessing their site to download a code.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team, please telephone 01483 565 800 Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Alternatively send email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Full contact details and how to find us can be found on our Contact page.
Modern Slavery Statement
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights, including slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, and human trafficking. These have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. We as suppliers of product are opposed to such abuses and conform to the requirements of the Modern Slavery act 2015.