Terms & Conditions
- Pay with a credit or debit card: (how secure am I? find out more…) Credit card and debit card payments are processed through a secure payment page by an independent company called Opayo (previously known as Sagepay). Opayo ask you for your payment card details and then refer you to the debit/credit card issuer. Validation is confirmed by the password you enter at this stage. Your card details and password are handled by the card issuer and this information is not made known to George Weil & Sons Ltd.
- PayPal uses the latest in data encryption and anti-fraud technology to help keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud. You will be redirected to the Paypal website for payment of your order.
- Pay later with a credit/debit card: A confirmation email will be sent. Telephone 01483 565 800 and quote the order number to arrange payment with a credit/debit card within 5 working days.
- Pay later with a cheque: A confirmation email will be sent. Quote the order number on the back of the cheque and send it within 5 working days.
- Pay by Bank Transfer (BACS): Payments should be made to George Weil & Sons Ltd, account number: 00531178 sort code: 12-20-29. Please include your order number as a reference.
- Overseas customers: You may use any of the above payment options. You will be charged in your currency at the rate used when the transaction is processed and George Weil & Sons Ltd will be paid in UK pounds.
- Ordering for a school, college or workshop Education discount terms are available for bona-fide educational bodies. Teachers and tutors who can provide proof of teaching i.e. copy of an advert, course materials etc. can also benefit from this scheme. Please call us on 01483 565 800 if you would like to know more about our terms for Educational supplies
For orders placed on week days before 12 noon, it is our policy to process and dispatch on the same day as they are received. Although this cannot be guaranteed, you should expect to receive your UK delivery the next working day, If your parcel weighs less than 2kg, it will be delivered by Royal Mail, otherwise it will be delivered by courier. Delivery time is not predictable but will be before 5.30pm, week days. Please ensure that your goods can be received as we cannot guarantee free re-delivery.
UK handling & delivery charges are:
- Free UK Delivery for orders over £75.00
Orders will be dispatched using either Royal Mail Tracked 24 or Courier. If your order is placed before 12 noon, delivery is intended for the next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Delivery by 1st Class Post: £5.95 (incl. VAT)
Orders will be dispatched using 1st Class Royal Mail (if under 2kg) or Courier. A delivery time cannot be guaranteed.
- Tracked UK Delivery: £8.95 (incl. VAT)
Orders will be dispatched using either Royal Mail Tracked 24 or Courier. If your order is placed before 12 noon, delivery is intended for the next working day (Monday to Friday). The order will be fully trackable for your peace of mind.
Orders from overseas customers are always welcome. For each non-UK order we receive, the goods are weighed and a price for delivery is then calculated. We therefore do not include the delivery charge at checkout. We use International Tracked & Signed as our courier. Your parcel is fully tracked during its journey and will require a signature at the time of delivery.
- To reserve your products and to receive a quote for delivery to your address please proceed through the checkout. This payment is for the value of the goods in your shopping cart. You will be advised of the delivery cost in a separate email within 24 hours.
Please note: Orders are not dispatched until we have received your confirmation and the completed payment.
For orders from within the EU, VAT at the current rate is included in the prices shown on this web site. If you are registered for sales tax within the EU, please include your sales tax number in the comments section, in this case your invoice will be adjusted to remove tax. For orders from countries outside the EU & Channel Islands, the total order value will be adjusted to remove the VAT. The buyer may be liable for import tax and duty at the rate set by their government.
You may change your mind and cancel your order at any time from placing the order until 7 working days after you take delivery. Your cancellation must be in writing, either by letter or email, and the cost of returning the goods will remain your responsibility. The goods must be returned undamaged and capable for resale at the full price. You will receive a refund of the product cost, net of any restocking charge (10%) made, within 30 days. If preferred, a credit towards your account can be made. This guarantee cannot be extended to any item that has been made to your specification, or which is not a stock item, purchased to your special request. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
If, in the unlikely event that the wrong goods are supplied, please telephone us. A full refund, including postage costs, will be made on receipt of the returned goods.
Please contact us if you do not receive your order when expected. Although, next working day delivery is not guaranteed, there is rarely a delay. Parcels sent by our courier company can be traced through their tracking system. Call or email us with your concerns and we will investigate.
Do not accept parcels that appear to be damaged and notify us immediately if you have refused delivery or received a damaged parcel. If you do take delivery it is advisable to sign for goods as “unexamined”. Should the contents be damaged, you will need to answer enquiries and keep the packaging as evidence, otherwise we cannot accept responsibility for compensation. Damaged goods will be exchanged or refunded in full, plus any additional postage you incur.
Items out of Stock
Our policy is to fill 95% of orders from stock. If we are out of stock on any item priced over £4.95, you will be notified and the remainder of your order will be sent as soon as the goods are available at no additional carriage cost.
Prices are regularly reviewed in an effort to offer the best value, and we undertake to set prices competitively. Many of the products are imported, and fluctuations in the exchange rate and inbound carriage costs will affect pricing. When possible prices are reduced to pass savings onto our customers, although it is sometimes necessary to increase them.
All prices are shown inclusive of VAT (sales tax) at the current rate and will be charged to EU residents using the rate applicable at the invoice date. Non EU residents, and residents of the Channel Islands, do not pay sales tax for orders delivered to their residential address. George Weil is registered for VAT in the UK, our VAT number is GB233701983
Throughout the website there are opportunities to save up to 15% on multiple orders of specific items, look out for savings on natural dyes, selected fibres and yarns, and silk scarves.
Due to the nature of the materials we sell, there will often be variation from batch to batch and with the papers, between sheets. We suggest you order the required quantity to complete a project and we will try to match items as closely as possible. Whilst we are happy to give advice on product use, we cannot accept liability as conditions of use are totally outside our control.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team, please telephone 01483 565 800 Monday to Saturday between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Alternatively send email enquiries to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Full contact details and how to find us can be found on our Contact page.