The 110cm Louet Spring 2 Floor Loom is a parallel countermarch loom with 8 shafts and a floating breast beam which provides consistent warp tension. The warp beam is held by a friction brake, enabling you to advance the fabric sitting at your loom. The beater adjusts for height and level.
This next generation of the Spring loom features 18 improvements from the original:
1. Improved, robust frame; the rear and front uprights and the foot rail have increased from 21 mm to 27 mm thick.
2. Extension to 12 shafts from 8 shaft loom pre-mounted rollers for adding a 4-harness extension.
3. The new Shaft Connecting Mechanism allows the shaft bars to be easily clicked in and out of hooks that remain fastened to the cords, allowing you to easily add or remove heddles. This design also prevents you from inadvertently reattaching the shaft bars to the cords in the incorrect place.
4. Better accessibility to shaft sides due to modified main upright shaping.
5. The back beam folding mechanism has been simplified.
6. The floating breast beam cord is guided by two screw eyes and can therefore no longer run off the wheel.
7. Attaching the top beater rail is more user-friendly, due to screw knobs.
8. 2 clamps now included to help set up the warp.
9. A sliding raddle cover makes inserting warp yarns into the raddle more convenient and stops yarns come out while beaming onto the warp beam.
10. The warp beam and cloth beam are now made of wood and are a larger diameter. The redesign in this section now allows for easier assembly.
11. Optional legs for increasing the loom height will improve comfort when tying-up treadles (available as an accessory, please enquire).
12. A larger ratchet wheel and pall to withstand high warp tension while weaving carpets.
13. The brake disc of the warp beam acts as a crank, with a handle that turns in the disc.
14. Lighter treadling action due to top nylon wheels being replaced by wheels with ball bearings.
15. Extra heddle space on the shafts.
16. The beater movement has a larger radius and so has an improved arc due to longer uprights and a lowered hinge point.
17. It is easier to hook on and attach the tie-up cords, due to more space between the upper lams and the lower shaft bars as well as smaller screw heads on the treadles.
18. Countersunk holes make it easier to place the breast beam onto the floating arms.
The Spring 2 loom comes with the castle section assembled to ease the set-up of the loom. The design of the loom includes a built-in raddle on top of the castle and a storage shelf. Included is a stainless steel reed (40 dents per 10cm), 1200 x 390mm long Texsolv heddles, tie-up and lease sticks, sixteen warp sticks, and full warping instructions. Bench not included.
The 110cm Louet Spring 2 Loom is made from solid beech, weighs 80kg and measures 140 x 94 x 115 cm (53″ x 37″ x 45 1/4″)
Please allow 12 weeks for delivery of these premium weaving looms. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, do not hesitate to call us on telephone 01483 565800.