Myrehed Draw Loom Set-up Packs for use with your Glimakra Standard Countermarch floor loom, and necessary for building a working Draw Loom.
In addition to this set-up pack, you will also need a Glimakra Standard Countermarch Loom. The packs are available for 4 widths of loom 100cm, 120cm, 150cm and 160cm and include the following items:
- Myrehed Drawloom Bridge
- Myrehed Loom Extension
- 800 Ground heddles, 300mm/64mm Texsolv Polyester Heddles for Damask weaving
- 800 Pattern heddles, 540mm/12mm Texsolv Polyester Heddles for Damask weaving
- 200 Galvanised Steel Weights (Lingos)
- 1 x 2mm Smooth Rope Cord, 130m reel
- 1 x Texsolv Ladder Loop Cord, 20 metres
- 1 x Set of 12 Elastics and 6 Texsolv Straight pegs
- 2 x Heddling Bars
- Screw hooks for ground shafts
- 2 x Sets of 10 Pattern shafts with handles and screw hooks. The bridge has room for 50 shafts and more can be ordered with the starter pack in units of 10 shafts up to 50 shafts
- Set up instructions
We can provide an expected delivery time for the Myrehed Draw loom and accessories when you place your order. In the event that we don’t have the item in stock, we will let you know how long it will take. Delivery in the UK is through George Weil who take care of all the border customs documentation and payments and then forward the draw loom to the customer. All costs, including free UK delivery, are in the price shown on the George Weil web site.
The Myrehed Draw Loom video (in Swedish) demonstrates how to set up a damask weave. The film was shot on video in 1988 and features Karin Myrehed Johansson. The loom extension used on the film consists of frames. Today, extension boards are used above and below which are adjustable in length.
The information is in Swedish, but the images are helpful