The Schacht Cricket Quartet is a unit which attaches to the 38cm / 15in Schacht Cricket Loom to convert it from a rigid heddle look into a 4 shaft table loom. It fits with the loom and the Cricket Loom Stand and is easily removed so that the loom can be reverted to a rigid heddle loom.
The 4 independent shafts lift the warp threaded heddles which in turn create the shed. This allows for more complex patterning and the opportunity to learn double-weave, twill, summer and winter, waffle weave, or bird’s eye weaving techniques. Simply flip the levers up and down according to the pattern draft.
The closely spaced levers smoothly raise and lower the shafts and clean sheds are achieved with help from the extended back beam. The pivot beater maximises your weaving space.
- Includes 300 Texsolv heddles (5-7/8″ red) and your choice of a 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15 dent reed (please select above).
- Made of high-quality maple plywood and solid hard maple; left unfinished to match your loom
- Ships flat-packed, with assembly required
- 38cm / 15in Cricket Loom* and optional 38cm / 15in Cricket Stand are sold separately
- You will need a warping system (a warping peg set or warping board) for measuring warp chains*A 38cm/15in Schacht Cricket Loom is required for the Cricket Quartet assembly.