Introducing Ashford’s new multi-shaft weaving loom – the Brooklyn 4 Shaft table loom. The Brooklyn has been designed to provide a sturdy and economical loom for new weavers or as a progression for rigid heddle weavers wishing to produce more complex cloth. The loom is quick and easy to assemble and made using strong beech hardwood with ply sides that combine to make it robust, light and easy to move. It is an excellent option for classrooms and workshops.
The Brooklyn loom has the same large beam to beam depth 73cm (28 1⁄2″) of all of Ashford’s table looms. It has a generous rising shed and the Texsolv cord lifts the shafts evenly from both sides through frictionless nylon loom cord guides, and allows easy shaft height adjustment.
The overhead beater has a smooth action and auto bounce-back for even beating. It can be locked for ease of warping and allows for over-width reeds. Smooth action levers for light and easy pattern changes combine with strong 40 teeth nylon ratchets, handles and clicker pawls to allow comfortable warp tension and control.
Weaving width 16″ (40cm)
Weight 6.5kg (14.5lbs)
The Brooklyn Loom comes with:
- 10 dpi stainless steel reed
- 320 Swedish texsolv heddles (80 per shaft and enough for a balanced 20epi weave over the full width)
- 2 x stick shuttles 46cm (18″)
- Threading hook
- 5 x cross/warp sticks
- 10 cardboard warp separating sticks
- Rubber feet to steady the loom while weaving
- Step-by-step instruction booklet for assembly, warping and weaving Learn to weave on the Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom
Quick and easy self assembly required. Leave natural or finish with Wax Polish, oil or varnish. Make a statement and stain or paint, or bring out the natural grain of the wood by applying Superior Danish Oil – the options are endless.